This recipe is as fresh as it gets. Lime, ginger, and crisp bell peppers are tossed with scallops over a bed of avocado in a refreshing, no-bake dish.
This recipe packs in a lot of flavor, but is a much healthier alternative to what you might do with scallops more frequently (a hem: scallops baked in bacon, scallops seared in butter, scallops baked in bread-crumb and butter heaven etc).
- 1/2 pound sea scallops sliced (save yourself some money! get the lil guys)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced thinly (mandolin help)
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 finely chopped thai chili (optional for spice lovers)
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 chopped green onions, tender white and light green parts only
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 avocado.
1. Mix everything in a bowl except for the avocado. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The longer you can wait, the more the flavors will soak into the scallops.
2. Slice avocado right before serving. Then plate the avocado with the ceviche on top of it.